| 1st tray, unbaked |
| 1st tray, baked |
| 2nd tray, unbaked |
| 2nd tray, baked |
My favorite shape is the Christmas tree, followed by the star and the gingerbread person, so if I do make cookies again, those will be the shapes I'll use.
(The snowflake shape looked like an asterisk to me, and the snow person was OK, but I feel like it's one that would need icing on it to emphasize what it's supposed to be? Same for the wreath shape; it doesn't really work since it's not hollowed out in the middle. The candy cane shape turned out a bit too thick, and the "biscuit" shape wasn't all too holiday-y.)
Here's Buttons and Leela in the sunshine...
Peace. :)
I did not realise that was meant to be a wreath... though I reckon with a bit of decorating you could turn them into a pudgy kitty face. ;)
ReplyDeleteAh, that is such a great idea about making kitty faces out of those shapes! Thanks, Susan! :D
DeleteI think I must have the same snowflake cutter, because mine really doesn't look festive either. Christmas tree shapes are always my favourite, because when I was little we made gingerbread Christmas teas, poured bright green icing over them and covered them with sprinkles. It was the best!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a really fun memory! :) I'm not one much for icing, but I think it would be fun to make the cookies even more festive with it!
Delete