Hi everyone! I hope you’re all doing well! Zach and I usually host Easter for his folks and mine, but this year it was just the two of us. It was kind of sad not being able to have everyone over and cook a big spread, but I kept reminding myself that skipping this Easter was so that we could have many more together in the future.
On Sunday afternoon, Zach and I took a walk along another section of the Schuylkill River Trail, which also included these views along the Perkiomen Creek…
After our walk, we went home and I prepared a simple Easter dinner for us: I cooked the Tofurky ham roast that I’d picked up earlier in the year, made soup, and heated up some frozen collard greens…
My newest Easter decorations were a few pisanki (painted wooden eggs) that I’d found at an antique shop back in February. Side note: I really miss going out on adventures with friends; that’s another thing I’m looking forward to when all of this is over…
Here is a daffodil that I sketched…
And here is a cute silly Daisy…
Peace. :)







Tofurky ham roast is one of my favorite things in the world, and those trees look AMAZING.
ReplyDeleteIt's such a nice treat! And yes, I was really impressed by those trees! :)
DeleteOh Daisy, those little paws!
ReplyDeleteIt is a very weird time, but I am glad you were able to still have a nice little Easter for the two of you.
Thank you, Susan! Daisy has the cutest little paws! :)
DeleteIt's so weird and sad and strange now. I think of little things I miss too, that I always took for granted, like going to the thrift store and library. So many things!!
ReplyDeleteHi Daisy!!!!
It really is! I actually had a dream last night about going to the thrift store, haha! And I really miss the library, too! It'll be so nice when we can enjoy those things again! <3
DeleteOMG Daisy, how cute! The photos from your walk are beautiful and I just try to remind myself that while it is all so strange, the earth is healing itself and we are keeping ourselves safe and healthy. I know the traditional Easter wasn't in the cards this year but your meal still looks lovely. <3
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sarah! You're absolutely right; it is so important to keep reminding ourselves of that! <3
Delete