Hello on the 13th day of the Vegan
Month of Food! Last night I made one of my favorite recipes for
dinner. It's pretty simple, relatively quick to make, and quite delicious, so it's a win in my book.
Mashed Potato Bowl
Ingredients:
--1 medium potato (I like red potatoes
best!)
--1/4 cup corn
--1 cup spinach (I prefer to use kale,
but we were out)
--vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
--salt
--pepper
--1 Boca Original Chik'n patty
Boil the potato (if you're impatient
like me and want it to cook faster, chop it up first into several
chunks). Lower the heat and add the corn and spinach (or kale) when
the potato chunks have softened. Allow the corn and spinach about
five minutes before turning off the burner and straining the
potatoes, corn, and spinach. Transfer the potato chunks from the
strainer to a bowl, mash them up good with a fork. Cook the Boca
chik'n patty (I generally just microwave it for this dish). Add some
vegan butter, salt, and pepper to the mashed potatoes and mash them
again. Add the corn and spinach to the mashed potatoes, stir/mash
again. Cut the Boca chik'n patty into smaller pieces and add to the
mashed potatoes. Mix in and serve.
It wouldn't be a Vegan MoFo without the appearance of a big insect (see last year's "zombie" praying mantis). This individual has been hanging out here for a while today; she has wings (folded on her back) and six super long legs. My guess is she's a crane fly.
| the crane fly of Vegan MoFo '13 |
Also, I hope everyone's having a good Friday
the 13th!
![]() |
| Photo from: http://theofficenbc.tumblr.com/post/46531384433/2-37-wise-words-of-michael-scott |
Mystery doesn't think it makes sense that some people believe black cats are bad luck, but she certainly won't hesitate to use such superstitions to her advantage.
| "Better not cross my path..." |
| "...unless it is to give me noms." |
Peace. :)

Your mashed potato bowl looks great! :) Best comfort food ever.
ReplyDeleteThanks, elyse! Definitely great comfort food. :)
DeleteP.S. I also really like the bowl you have it in
ReplyDeleteThanks; it's part of a nice set that we got as a wedding gift. :)
DeleteThat sounds awesome. as Nigella once said, there are times when only mashed potato will do. Word.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sal! Hahaha, I actually had no idea who Nigella was; had to look her up, but yes, I definitely agree with that! :)
DeleteYum - love the look of this bowl. Mashed potato is just awesome :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sandy! You certainly can't go wrong with mashed potatoes! :)
Delete